Youth Social Action Day: #PowerOfYouth
Celebrate Youth Social Action Day as part of NCVO’s Volunteers’ Week. Wednesday 5th June 2019.
82% of young people want to make the world a better place
(2018 National Youth Social Action Survey)
Across the UK, young people are taking action to make a difference, using their energy, skills and ideas to change society and the environment for the better. Join us on 5thJune to celebrate the Power of Youth as part of Volunteers’ Week.
According to our survey, 4 in 10 young people aged 10-20 took part in meaningful social action in 2018. That means everything from volunteering, fundraising and mentoring to campaigning for a cause they believe in.
What impact are young people in your organisation making as volunteers and leaders of social change?
Let’s Hear it for Young People
Our Power of Youth celebration on 5th June is an opportunity for you to shout about the amazing work your young volunteers are doing, and to thank them for their efforts.
Here’s how you can take part:
- Put young volunteers in charge of your social media – let young volunteers take over your social media on 5th June, posting videos and pictures of their volunteering activities and inviting questions from your followers. Read our 5 Tips for a Takeover.
- Share your #iwill pledge – if you’re an #iwill partner, why not share or update your #iwill pledge? Let everyone see how you’re supporting youth social action.
- Post vlogs, photos and infographics online – show how young people are volunteering, fundraising, mentoring and campaigning in your organisation. Read our 5 Tips for a Vlog, and our 5 Tips for a Blog. Our partner pack below has some tips on creating infographics.
You could also hold an event or create your own media opportunity to celebrate your young volunteers on 5th June.
If you have any questions, ask us at email@example.com
More Ideas to Shout About
At the #iwill campaign, we believe that youth social action in the UK must be high quality and accessible to all.
As an #iwill partner, you’re already doing so much to help spread that message.
Now, help other organisations understand why they should get involved too. On the 5th June, talk about how you’re:
- Increasing the numbers of opportunities available to young people
- Including under 14s
- Including young people from lower socioeconomic backgrounds
- Amplifying the voices of young people talking about issues they care about
- Including young people in leadership and decision-making
- Increasing the quality of opportunities available.
We look forward to seeing you online on the 5th June. Let’s celebrate the Power of Youth together! #PowerOfYouth