We pledge to…
Build young people’s confidence to have their say about current affairs so they can be heard on issues that affect them. We build confidence in the classroom through facilitated discussions about current affairs and online via the BNC Hub.
- Invite a range of experts to enter discussion with young people online so that they can experience their voices being heard.
- Meet a target of 80% of our teachers recognising a positive impact on student confidence.
- Meet a target of 80% of our students saying the BNC club has made them more confident when talking about the news.
- Develop and launch a new BNC Hub site.
- Include questions in our student surveys around social action.