- We pledge to triple the number of students volunteering in our high-impact year-long social action programmes from 1,200 to 3,600 by 2020.
- As a founding member of Generation Change we will continue to work with other frontline delivery organisations to embed social action in young people’s lives. We will ensure that high-quality voluntary action taken by children and teenagers continues while they are at university and into adulthood.
- We will build capacity in higher education institutions to value, support and sustain thriving communities of students engaged in social action. By 2020, we aim to be engaging with 100,000 students across 20 university Hubs.
- Using our on-the-ground delivery model we will add to our existing research into the student social action landscape. We will also advocate for student-led, impact-driven social action at a national level. The aim of this will be to increase the proportion of student social action from 30%, where it has plateaued for many years.
- We will leverage our corporate partnerships to increase the number of ‘unusual suspects’ participating in social action as students. While employability is often an incentive for these students to volunteer, we will use our critical engagement model to position a desire to make a difference at the centre of all of our volunteers’ social action.
- We will work to gain a better understanding of the barriers that under-represented students face to engaging with social action and work to make our opportunities more accessible. We will actively work towards increasing the involvement of under-represented students in our activities.