The RSA is a charity which encourages the release of human potential to address the challenges that society faces. Through our ideas, research and a 30,000 strong Fellowship we are a global community of proactive problem solvers, sharing powerful ideas, carrying out cutting-edge research and building networks and opportunities for people to collaborate, influence and demonstrate practical solutions to realise change.
The RSA has been at the forefront of social change for over 260 years. Today our work focuses on supporting innovation in three major areas: education, the economy and public services.
The RSA pledges to:
- Contribute to the evidence base about the impact of youth social action and work to include young people in research as early as possible
- Engage with social action programmes that involve young people through our research and through the work on youth social action undertaken by our Fellows
- Increase opportunities for young people’s voices to be heard through RSA podcasts and the RSA’s world-class public events programme
- Encourage young people to attend and contribute to our accessible events on the greatest social issues of our time including RSA Friday Conversations and local network events
- Continue to promote young people’s ideas about how to make the world a better place and help them test their solutions to social issues through projects such as the Pupil Design Awards and the Student Design Awards
- Support RSA Academies in promoting and developing youth social action in their schools
- Understand the needs of younger Fellows, encourage them to join the RSA and support them to get the most out of their membership