Pennine Prospects is at the heart of the sustainable development of the South Pennines. It works to manage and enhance the area’s natural, cultural and heritage assets so that they contribute to the social, economic and environmental wellbeing of the South Pennines. Pennine Prospects also seeks to create opportunities for the seven million residents of the surrounding conurbations to enjoy and benefit from the distinctive landscape characteristics of the South Pennines. It is a unique rural regeneration company that aims to promote, protect and enhance the built, natural and cultural heritage of the South Pennines. Pennine Prospects works with local authorities, government agencies, businesses, voluntary organisations and the local community to deliver a range of initiatives including the objectives of the “Heritage Strategy for the South Pennines” (2001).
- Promote the link between youth social action and employability
- Embed social action into our training and apprenticeship schemes
- Communicate the benefits of youth social action to our employees and encourage them to volunteer in support of it
- Pennine Prospects pledges to engage young people from the South Pennines in meaningful dialogue about their communities, and their local natural environment.
- We will actively include young people’s voice within our organisation through co-production of a Manifesto for Youth – ensuring that our landscape’s future custodian’s thoughts and opinions are included in the development of a South Pennines Park.
- We will work with young people in our area to appoint ‘community champions’ – young people who advocate for their communities, and who will be invited to be involved in our organisational decision making processes through the creation of a Young Person’s forum.