As a long-term funder of the youth social action sector, Pears Foundation is delighted to have been a founding supporter of Step Up to Serve and the #iwill campaign. We are very pleased to be able to continue our involvement by committing:
- £4million of funding over the next five years, match funded by DCMS and the Big Lottery Fund, to invest a total of £8 million in building sustainable youth social action opportunities, specifically within the health and social care sector and educational settings.
- To capture, share and disseminate the learning from the Pears #iwill Fund and the National Youth Social Action Fund projects, to help build the sector’s knowledge and expertise in creating sustainable and inclusive youth social action opportunities.
- To champion investment in areas where research has identified gaps in provision, such as rural areas and opportunities for disadvantaged young people.
- To continue our role convening and connecting partners and organisations across different sectors, promoting the benefits of collaboration and partnership to further the goals of the campaign.
- To provide core funding for the Step Up to Serve team to enable them to support and champion the sector.