We are committed to offering high quality volunteer opportunities for young people, that provide new experiences , connect them to their local community and develop transferable skills which will support their journey into further education and employment. We will;
- Provide a clear pathway for young people aged 14+ to take their first steps into volunteering with Oxfam
- Introduce leadership roles for young people, empowering , training and supporting them to take responsibility and develop their skills.
- Develop an award and recognition scheme that celebrates the contribution that young people make.
- Showcase the benefits of youth volunteering amongst Oxfam staff, providing guidance and encouragement to better support young volunteers.
- Offer flexible volunteering roles that can fit around young people’s study, work and social lives.
- Develop communications targeted at young volunteers
- Continue to seek out new partnerships that can help engage young people to volunteer with Oxfam
- Encourage more Duke of Edinburgh Award participants to undertake their volunteering in our shops.