Work with and through our member students’ unions to increase student participation in social action. We will do this by:
- Evaluating and sharing the impact of student opportunities, highlighting the double benefit of social action for students and society.
- Focusing on overcoming barriers to participation, we will provide training and tools for students’ unions to help them to increase the number of students doing social action activities.
- In 2017 running a collaborative pilot with students’ unions in one region, to explore how SUs can be local hubs for social action.
- Utilising NUS communications channels to highlight examples of youth social action activity and opportunities for students to get involved.
- Through Dissertations for Good we will help students to use their education as a force for social good. We will work to partner them with non-academic organisations so they can collaborate to complete important research. We will support the #iwill campaign to get more young people involved in social action by granting a year long pro bono membership to this research network.