- King’s College School, Wimbledon will maintain and continue to develop its wide-reaching voluntary service programme.
- This will continue to take place in timetabled time, thus enabling over thirty-five members of staff and over 325 student volunteers in years 10-13 to provide service to the local community every Friday afternoon in term-time as well as in the first week of the summer holidays.
- In this way, King’s College School commits to support over thirty maintained primary, special and secondary schools and academies in South-West London regularly throughout the year through a wide range of service activities.
- The school’s staff and pupils will also continue to provide a weekly service to the elderly and in local parks and churchyards.
- King’s College School further pledges to allow its extensive volunteering programme to be visited by interested parties, especially other schools wanting to create and develop their own voluntary service programmes.
- King’s also commits to support one of the maintained secondary schools in the Wimbledon partnership, Ricards Lodge High School, in the development of its own volunteering programme. Pupils from King’s and Ricards Lodge High School will continue to work together to support other local schools.