Sir Jack Petchey CBE created the Jack Petchey Foundation to recognise the amazing contributions young people make to society. To do this the Foundation has invested £118m in programmes that benefit young people aged 11-25 across London and Essex.
The Foundation supports a wide variety of schemes in areas ranging from sport to science, art to internships, vlogging to volunteering.
Our major programme is the Jack Petchey Achievement Award Scheme, which operates in 1600 grassroots youth clubs, youth organisations and secondary schools.
Other programmes include Jack Petchey’s “Speak Out” Challenge!, the world’s largest public speaking competition for young people; and Step into Dance, the UK’s biggest inclusive dance programme for secondary school pupils.
- 30 Achievers Network members will complete 300 hours volunteering a month to make a difference in their community
- We will continue to ensure young people are recognised for their achievements and control the use of their £250 grant to improve the lives of others
- We will invest in excess of £180,000 in 2019 to enable young people to take part in social action projects volunteering around the world
- We will support the development of 10 interns in their leadership journey as they enter jobs in the youth sector
- We will involve young people in grant making decisions to ensure they influence how our funds are invested for the benefit of young people across London and Essex
- We will invest £150,000 in First Give in the forthcoming academic year enabling young people to learn and engage with charities.