- Highgate will pledge 450 days of Community Service to mark the 450th anniversary of Sir Roger Cholmeley’s School at Highgate.
- Highgate will achieve this by maintaining and continuing to develop its service curriculum program, and working to provide meaningful volunteering opportunities for every pupil from Year 7 to 13.
- We will continue to utilise timetabled time including tutorials, assemblies, lunch hours, PSHE lessons and after school sessions to facilitate social action projects.
- Highgate will extend its existing pupil website and social media platforms, as well as developing a published booklet, to connect pupils to high quality volunteering opportunities.
- Teachers will continue to guide pupils to deliver meaningful social action by consolidating numerous pupil-led societies such as our Community Action Group and Social Enterprise Project.
- We pledge to recognise, identify and celebrate ‘Community Action Champions’ amongst our pupils. These pupils will be encouraged to lead and inspire other pupils in youth social action, creating a legacy of their own for other pupils to follow. We will provide these pupils with the means of developing their knowledge and ambition to be catalysts for positive change into adulthood, including attending volunteering forums and networking within the voluntary sector.
- Highgate will continue to build upon its work with partnership schools via the Chrysalis Project and the Arcadia work experience initiative by sharing access to resources and school facilities.