- We believe that social action (such as fundraising, volunteering, or campaigning) can provide young people with great experience, develop their employability skills, and bring positive change to the communities we are part of. We are proud champions of #iwill, supporting the campaign through our work with young people and our own employees.
- We will champion youth social action through the Pod (our national schools programme) and its ‘Helping Hands’ campaign. This will provide free resources to the 20,700+ schools and community groups registered to the programme (including over 60% of UK schools), helping to inspire, enable and promote youth social action in schools and local communities across the country.
- We will launch the ‘Big Energy Efficiency Project’ in 2016 to become a national online resource for schools with above average free school meals. This will help young people to develop and deliver their own energy efficiency campaigns in their schools or local communities.
- We will ensure that social action by young people continues to be valued and recognised during our recruitment processes.
- We will continue to recognise the value of adult volunteering, aiming to have 20% of our employees taking part in volunteering by 2020 – as well as encouraging them to support young people taking part in social action.
- We will commit our employees aged between 16 and 20 to undertake meaningful social action as part of their training and development programmes.