Changing Faces is the UK’s leading charity for everyone with a scar, mark or condition on their face or body that makes them look different.
We provide advice, support and psychosocial services to children, young people and adults. We challenge discrimination and we campaign for Face Equality: a world that truly values and respects people who look different.
We want a future where everyone with a visible difference on their face or body has the confidence, support and opportunity to lead the lives they want.
Through our youth engagement work in Scotland we pledge to:
- Empower young people to use their own stories and choices to positively influence others
- Seek young people’s opinions and input on all youth materials and events we create
- Nurture and stretch their skills
- Encourage young people involved in our Youth Action Project to reflect on their work
- Allow young people to set their own goals for developing their work and skills going forwards