At the British Heart Foundation, we recognise the valuable contribution that young people can make and pledge to offer them a range of meaningful social action activities across our retail shops, through our fundraising activities and at our events.
- Support our teams to recognise the value of youth social action by developing a practical Youth Volunteering strategy and policy to be launched in April 2015.
- Undertake to equip young people, taking part in social action opportunities, with the skills they need to carry these activities out through our induction and on-going training.
- Strive to reach more young people through our work year on year to 2020 and beyond by offering flexible volunteering roles which they can fit in around their study, work and social lives.
- Highlight ways that students can get involved through the BHF website and social media channels as well as by providing guidance and information to our teams in the community.
- Share the double benefit to our teams that youth social actions brings to both the BHF and also to the young person as they progress towards their goals and ambitions. We will be mindful of the benefit that meaningful social action and volunteering brings to the young person’s employability and future prospects.
- Work with the Step Up To Serve team to ensure that our young people are recognised and celebrated for their contribution to social action and volunteering. We also commit to ensuring that we stay informed with developments and opportunities in volunteering for young people.
- Continue to promote and grow our opportunities to students working towards their Duke of Edinburgh’s Award through our partnership as an Approved Activity Provider and continue our support of the JLGB by promoting our opportunities on their Evolve website
BHF will support social action and the Step Up To Serve campaign in order to encourage young people to continue their commitment to social action throughout their lives