British Cycling pledges to:
- Work with Step Up To Serve to promote the positive role young people can play in voluntary sector organisations and sport NGBS, and the benefits it can bring to the individual and to communities
- Celebrate young volunteers within British Cycling and alert them to the opportunity’s available
- Continue to provide high quality youth led volunteering opportunities, including the Cycling Award for Young Volunteers, and allow young people to build on transferrable skills such as communication, organisation and leadership.
- Encourage Go-Ride clubs to engage young people in volunteering roles by raising awareness of the value of young people and educating and up skilling club volunteers
- Continue to showcase through our communications activity the positive contribution that young people have in our sport
- Ensure young people take an active role in the development of the sport through the National Youth Forum