We will embed social action as a habit for life in our cadets and volunteers through promoting the ACF value of selfless commitment. We will do this through:
- Cadets and young adults already have a range of opportunities for social action through their APC training, DofE and CVQO awards – but we will look for ways to encourage more young people to take up and complete our low-cost DofE programme and to work towards CVQO awards.
- We are working hard to recruit more adult instructors so we can deliver more opportunities for cadets to join the ACF.
- We are revamping the Army Cadets “Cadet and the Community” programme, which encourages cadets to take part in, shape or lead community projects – more information on this will be available soon.
- We are introducing an annual Community Week to raise the profile of the work we do in the community, to celebrate our achievements, and to give adults and cadets great ideas for new community projects. (For examples of the great work our cadets are already doing visit the Community Week webpage.)
- We are encouraging our cadets to make personal #iwill pledges using our social media channels.