Scotland All-Strong provides and promotes movement, mindful relaxation and peer exchange as powerful tools of self-management, recovery and intervention for common mental health conditions. We offer a wide range of public classes, including family-friendly options, from toddlers to teens and whole families. As a non-profit fitness and wellbeing enterprise we run unique progressive programmes in our comfortable and welcoming setting, including for specific groups of peers such as Perth Autism Support, unpaid carers in partnership with PKAVS and Support in Mind, and youth groups from 16-19 years not in work, education or training, other youth groups, and programmes of ‘Fitness to Feel Better,’ for mental health for all groups and demographics. We are also introducing talking-based peer support groups including SMART Recovery, SMART Family & Friends, OCD Peer Group, a weekly Recovery Café, as well as regular and one-off workshops.
- Help young people act as health champions, supporting their peers and communities to live healthier lifestyles;
- Ensure young people’s voices are heard so that services and organisations are shaped with their needs at the centre;
- Help young people support their communities in either health and social care settings or their wider communities;
- Scotland All-Strong will provide young people with a safe space to experience a wide variety of physical activity and wellbeing options, including fitness, strength, yoga, Pilates, guided relaxation and relaxation techniques, in groups of peers, all in a tailor-made and fully private, small group setting;
- We will engage in feedback sessions directly with the young people as well as our partner organisations in order to develop our programmes and services to best reflect their needs, and in doing so, will help young people reach their potential, build resilience, and support their families and communities towards doing the same.