Action for Conservation believes that all young people should be moved to protect the natural world.
- By 2020, we aim to expand our reach to empower over 3,600 young people from across the country to become ambassadors for nature by supporting them to take environmental action through our programmes.
- We will continue to prioritise working with schools in disadvantaged areas and engaging young people from diverse backgrounds so that all young people have the opportunity to benefit from stronger connections to nature and the chance to develop new skills whilst taking action for the environment.
- We will ensure that young people’s voices inform our direction and approach by continuing to appoint young people and former beneficiaries to our Board of Trustees annually and supporting our Ambassadors to share their voices and speak truth to power.
- We will put young people at the heart of a large-scale nature restoration project, empowering them to become effective decision-makers across all stages of its design, delivery and monitoring.
- We will connect the young people in our programmes to professional and personal mentorship, leadership and career opportunities.